Re: [O] babel stopping export after updating to org 8.3

From: Robert Klein
Subject: Re: [O] babel stopping export after updating to org 8.3
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 06:35:52 +0200

Hi

Aviv wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just upgraded to org 8.3 and am stuck with an export issue.
>
> When I try to export a file with just "#+begin_src" and " "#+end_src" as the
> only lines, I get the error
> "user-error: No language for src block: (unnamed)".
>
> It seems like it is calling org-babel-exp-process-buffer -- but there is no
> reason that I can tell that is being called.  (org-export-babel-evaluate is
> definitely nil, thought other testing seems to indicate that shouldn't even
> matter)
>
> I've tried this in a clean "emacs -q" emacs and there is no issue -- but I
> still have the issue with an empty init.el!
>
> Any idea what could be wrong?  Thanks!

You need to specify a language, e.g.

#+begin_src foo
#+end_src

You can use any string for language.  However, if you export to latex
you want to either

a) use a language the LaTeX `listings' package knows about or

b) map your language string to a language existing in the `listings'
package.

I like to put configuration files in src blocks as language `conf', so I
added the following to my .emacs file:

(add-to-list 'org-latex-listings-langs
               '(conf " "))

That is, I set the `listings' packages language to a blank (empty string
doesn't work) and only generic settings (i.e. no specific language
settings) are used when I tex the file.

HTH

Best regards
Robert