Re: [O] Graphic files displayed in buffer?

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Graphic files displayed in buffer?
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 10:56:16 -1000

Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Tom,
>
>> Thanks for looking into this.  Your file works here, too.
>>
>> I found that loading my file somehow sets this variable:
>>
>> org-inline-image-overlays is a variable defined in `org.el'.
>
> This variable is only set from org-inline-image functions in org.el (I
> didn't check contrib).  So your source block must directly or indirectly
> be calling one of these functions.
>
> Does it happen when you use emacs -q?

OK, so I made the file self-contained by transferring to it all the code
it uses in my library of Babel.  Then, I opened with emacs -q, answered
"yes" to all the questions about running code, and when that was done
discovered that the images aren't displayed, which is what I want!

When I open the same file in my usual emacs, the images are displayed
inline.

So, it must be my configuration, right?

I use Eric Schulte's starter kit, so my configuration is spread out over
several *.el files in two directories.  When I grep for "inline" or
"overlay" in *.el I get no hits.  But grepping for "image" gets this:

custom.el: '(emms-mode-line-icon-image-cache
custom.el:    (image :type xpm :ascent center :data "/* XPM */
custom.el: '(gnus-mode-line-image-cache
custom.el:    (image :type xpm :ascent center :data "/* XPM */
custom.el: '(mu4e-view-show-images nil)
td.el:(setq mu4e-view-show-images t)
td.el:(when (fboundp 'imagemagick-register-types)
td.el:  (imagemagick-register-types))
td.el:                :base-directory
"/Users/dk/org/tsdye/employees/software/images/"

None of which looks too suspicious to me, though some of it is old and
might be pruned away.  Does anything look suspicious to you?

Can you suggest some other terms I might grep?  I'm keen to get to the
bottom of this.

Thanks for your help.

All the best,
Tom