Re: [O] export: noweb blocks substituted versus verbatim ?

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] export: noweb blocks substituted versus verbatim ?
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 19:54:18 -0700

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015, Andreas Leha wrote:

Hi Brian,

Brian Beckman <address@hidden> writes:
Hello -- I have a situation where some code blocks with noweb references in
them <<like-this>> are substituted inline when I export the document, and
other code blocks with noweb references, are copied verbatim into the
exported PDF. I do not know what causes this difference in behavior and I
don't know how to control it, but I'd like to control it. I'd like to be
able to specify that some blocks have behavior 1 (references substituted
inline) and other blocks have behavior 2 (references verbatim).

I'm sure this is pilot error, but I'm stumped and would be grateful for advice.

[[ omitted: the MVE ]]

As far as I can see, the difference is that some of the code blocks have
the header argument `:noweb yes', while others do not.

I do not know how to achieve working noweb extension during evaluation
but omitting noweb extension during export, though.

You can do like this (apart from anonymous backends):

#+header: :noweb (if (org-bound-and-true-p org-export-current-backend) "no"
"yes")

HTH,

Chuck