Re: [O] [RFC] Draft mode

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Draft mode
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 22:22:06 +0200

Hello,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> This is a very good point.  OTOH, if backwards compatibility is going to
> be broken, wouldn’t it be better to move to a keyword argument system?

I'd like to avoid defun* as much as possible, because it may be harder
to read. This is also the reason why it wasn't included in core Elisp.

> On a different note, does this scheme make it possible for a backend
> to see whether draft mode is enabled?

It is possible with

  (memq 'draft (plist-get info :export-options))

However, Rasmus suggested to give up the export option and use a global
variable, instead.

> Latex provides a document-level draft option, which enables certain
> optimizations that speed up compile times (for example, graphics are
> not read in, but are replaced with a placeholder). It would be nice if
> ox-latex could emit this in the latex code when draft mode is enabled
> from the org side.

It was also suggested that "draft" wasn't the most accurate description
for this option. So, ultimately, it might not be related to LaTeX option
"draft".

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards,

--