Re: [O] pdflatex not found?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] pdflatex not found?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:50:51 -0500

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Peter Davis <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to export PDF from org, but I'm getting the error:
>
> pdflatex: Command not found. [3 times]
>
> I've checked the definition of exec-path, and it includes "/usr/texbin",
> which is where tcsh tells me the executable is.

Someone else might have a better answer, but can you check your system
itself first? I'm guessing "exec-path" is an Org/Emacs variable?

Just try:

$ which pdflatex

Or

$ pdflatex --version

That would be my suggestion for starters. At least then you know it's
definitely not your system/setup (my bet is that it is, though).

John