Re: [O] bug in org-habits

From: Stelian Iancu
Subject: Re: [O] bug in org-habits
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 15:20:17 +0100

On 03/11/15 14:46, Marco Wahl wrote:
John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

Puneeth Chaganti <address@hidden> writes:

Actually there has been introduced a constraint on the ordering planning
lines and property drawers in 8.3. See http://orgmode.org/Changes.html.>
This at least invalidates to use PROPERTIES before SCHEDULED afaics.

Yes, that is correct and you can use the `org-repair-property-drawers`
utility function provided to fix your org trees.

I would very much like to see this constraint removed from 8.3. I have always
preferred having SCHEDULED before PROPERTIES, as this is how all my Org files
are arranged.

Actually what you describe _is_ the expected order for the 8.3 files.

My issue is a bit different.

I have an org file with calendar appointments. I also have attachments to the appointments. The attachment appears in a PROPERTIES drawer.

Now if I have the timestamp (plain one) before the drawer, I cannot open the attachment. Pressing C-c C-a o just inserts another PROPERTIES drawer (with another ID) above the timestamp.

If, however, I move the timestamp after the PROPERTIES drawer, I can successfully open the attachment and the second drawer doesn't appear.

Also, when the second drawer appears, a new empty folder is created in the data directory of my org directory.

IMHO this is a bug, as at the moment I have to have the timestamp after the drawer.

Org version is Org-mode version 8.3.2 (release_8.3.2-253-g9b5757 @ /Users/si/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)