Re: [O] footnotes position in html export

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] footnotes position in html export
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 14:33:41 +0100

Hi,

Orm Finnendahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Sonntag, den 08. November 2015 um 12:10:59 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Rasmus:
>>
>> I don't think we maintain an org-mode.js.  Are you talking about Mooz's
>> org-js project?  Or ox-html.el?
>
> sorry, I meant "org-info.js"

OK.  I haven't used it for years.  Skimming ox-html, no code in <body> is
changed based on info.js.

>> I think this is not possible.  See org-html-inner-template.
>>

> ok, thanks. I'll look into it. Maybe it's not too hard to
> implement. The org manual has footnotes on every page if it is
> exported into different documents. Is there any information somewhere
> about how the org manual html pages were generated? I couldn't
> find the sources of the manual. Are they available somewhere?

The manual is generated via texinfo.  You can check doc/Makefile

I guess the difference between

    http://orgmode.org/org.html

and

    http://orgmode.org/manual/

is whether the --no-split was issued to texinfo.

The Magit-2 manual is generated from Org via ox-texinfo.el.

>> Greetings from Nordend,
>
> I'm also in Nordend, but that's a part of Frankfurt, Germany ;-)

That was the intended reference.

Rasmus

--
Hvor meget poesi tror De kommer ud af et glas isvand?