Re: [O] some org-contacts icons property value questions

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] some org-contacts icons property value questions
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 23:54:21 -0500

Hello,

I've never used icons with Org Contacts, but here are my guesses based
on glancing at the code.

stardiviner <address@hidden> writes:

> How to edit the org-contacts property ~:ICON~ value?

You should be able to edit it like you would any other property (e.g.,
manually or with org-set-property).

> I tried use `filename.jpg` which file is in same directory with
> contacts file.

I think it should be a path to a file [1], like you're using.  In the
end, create-image is called with the file.  Can you give specific steps
to reproduce what's not working on your end?  IIUC, icons are only used
when the org-contacts command is called.

> And what kind of image size should I use for icon?

If gnus-rescale-image is available, it will be rescaled to
org-contacts-icon-size x org-contacts-icon-size.

> Can I use a custom function to show this icon?

Do you want to change the way it's inserted in the agenda buffer, or are
you trying to show it in some other context?  If it's the latter, you
could write a command to get the image like org-contacts-icon-as-string
does and then do what you want with it.

> Can I show multiple icons for one contact?

That doesn't seem to be supported.

[1] A gravatar can be used for the icon instead, but that's done based
    on the email property.

--
Kyle