Re: [O] Changes to contrib

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Changes to contrib
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 21:53:51 +0100

Hi Serge,

Serge Kosyrev <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not sure how wise it would be to raise barriers for contribution,
> given the current state of the thing..

I don't know what state you refer to.

>> Some quick comments from skimming your code (note, I have no idea what a
>> taskjuggler is):
>>
>> I don’t know what you refer to explicitly.  But that should be fixed, I
>> guess.
>
> I'm sorry, what should be?

Sorry, I was referring to this quote by you, which seems to have
disappeared:

>>> (One immediate nitpick, of course, is that none of the additions
>>>  are documented..)

>> I think you add some more taskjuggle keywords/properties for
>> example.
>
> [...]
>
>> Also, you introduce a dependency on subr-x, which may or may not be an
>> issue since it’s in contrib.
>
> I'm sorry, I'm not sure what do you mean?  I looked at subr-x.el, and
> I didn't find any reference to any of those functions..

You use string-join, which is in subr-x.  I think subr-x was not a
dependency before.

>> org-export-map-special-nodes and org-element-multivalued-property are not
>> proper names, as they will supposedly only be used in ox-taskjuggler.
>
> Well, the functions themselves are supposed to be generic.
>
> There are two ways to name a function, in my mind:
>
>   - by intended application
>   - by what it does
>
> ..it's just that I chose the second.. in the futile hope that someone,
> sometime will move/use them. : -)

Then they are in the wrong library.

> If you deem it not to be an appropriate course of thought, I will
> change the name, sure.

At this point, they lack appropriate names.

Rasmus

--
Summon the Mothership!