Re: [O] Exporting a subtree

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting a subtree
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 08:55:23 -0500

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the tips. I was hoping this would be simple to answer. I
> don't really have hours of time to keep stopping and re-starting emacs
> with uncompiled org-mode files, with minimal startup, etc. If I get a
> chance, I'll post the details. Meanwhile, I'll live without this
> feature.

I understand the sentiment, but you will find out eventuallly that it
takes only a few minutes to do all that: the descriptions seem to make
it long and difficult but once you get down to brass tacks, it turns out
to be pretty simple ("it is easier done than said"). In particular, you
don't need to stop/start your current emacs: you can start a new one as
John described specially for this problem, do what you need to do to
reproduce the problem and kill it afterwards. It does take a little time
to come up with a minimal init file that sets up things, but there have
been examples posted on the list that you can adapt to your situation -
once you have one, just keep it around and modify it slightly for each
new situation.

In any case, the trouble here is that it does not seem to be
reproducible: at first sight at least, it seems to be related to your
particular setup, so nobody else can debug it.

And one more thing, now that I remember it: always provide versions
of your OS, emacs and org-mode. It is possible that the particular
version you are using exhibits the problem but earlier or later ones
don't. Of cource, if you update regularly, that is less of a concern,
but if you provide the version, then other people can try it with
that particular version (thanks to git, it's easy).

--
Nick