[O] Org-babel shell evaluate with session does not return results

From: Giri Prashanth
Subject: [O] Org-babel shell evaluate with session does not return results
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 10:28:05 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to run a shell commands from org-mode with using sessions.

I would like to use the session property, so I could continue with the previous history. But when I execute the following,

#+BEGIN_SRC shell :session test
echo foo
#+END_SRC

nothing happens with emacs is unresponsive and the echo area says:
executing Shell code block...

I am able to quit with C-g and there is buffer with name test created which has bash prompt.

I was also able to run the shell commands without session and it returns the output, like below
#+BEGIN_SRC shell
echo foo
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: foo

Any reason why org babel execute for shell with session does not terminate ?
Thank you very much in advance for any response,

-GP