Re: [O] MobileOrg

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] MobileOrg
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 10:42:24 -0500

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015, at 03:58 PM, dean wrote:
> On 11/21/15 00:14, Peter Davis wrote:
> Hi pd,
>
> > I'm just starting out with MobileOrg, using Dropbox, but I'm confused by
> > the setup instructions. I've gotten the app linked to my
> > Dropbox account, but the next step in the setup instructions
> > <http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/doc/getting-started/using-dropbox/> involve
> > setting up some emacs stuff on my "local system." My question is: *Which*
> > local system? I have several sync'ed to Dropbox. Is the
> > mobile app going to require a single point of contact?
> >

> Im fairly new to emacs and mobileorg, so im no expert here but...
> I believe Mobile org will be using your dropbox folder as its single
> point of contact.
> For example your workflow would be:
> - Create/edit notes/todo's on your phone
> - sync the app (which should save to dropbox)
> - Open emacs on your pc, issue org-mobile-pull
> - This should add your edits to your org files on your pc
>
> For the other direction:
> - Edit org files on your pc, issue org-mobile-push
> - sync on the app should import your edits into the app
>
> Im assuming you have a dropbox daemon taking care of the syncing in this
> process.
>
> This should be the same no matter how many pc's/emacs you use.
> Does this help answer your question?

Thanks, Dean.  Actually, I can't even sync mobileorg. When I try
(Pressing the sync button in the upper right corner), I get:

*Error downloading checksums*

An error was encountered while downloading checksums.dat from the
server. The file isn't required, but the error received was unusual. The
error was:

Unexpected error

I don't know what that's about, but I can't get past it.

Thanks,
-pd

  Peter Davis
  www.techcurmudgeon.com