[O] How does org mode write to a file?

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: [O] How does org mode write to a file?
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 17:27:15 +0000

Excuse my elisp ignorance, but I've got this:

#+name: elisp-unordered-ast
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :file myastfile.ast
(org-element-parse-buffer)
#+end_src

which works fine. Question: Where is the elisp code that does this writing of `org-element-parse-buffer` output to file? I'm stumped on how to do just simple file read-write in elisp. It seems to only want to work with live buffers. For example, how would I redirect `(org-element-parse-buffer)` into, say,  `(append-to-file 1 (buffer-size) "test-ast.txt")`

LB