Re: [O] interaction between org-latex-custom-lang-environments and name

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] interaction between org-latex-custom-lang-environments and name when exporting to latex
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 14:14:25 +0100

Hi,

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

>> Then the cdr of an element in org-latex-custom-lang-environments can be
>> something like:
>>
>>    \begin{%e}[label=%l, myfunkyoption=val]
>>     %c
>>     \end{%e}
>
> What would "%e" be bound to? Since this is a customization for a given
> source block, it should be fixed, so I think we only need "%l" and "%c".

You are right on the %e of course.  You should check the things we bind in
the top let-binding.  The useful ones should be accessible.  A quick
guess (you’ll have to decide):

- lang
- caption
- label
- float
- perhaps more from attributes?

>> The only downside is that you’d have to somehow discriminate between the
>> "old" case where the cdr is a single word denoting an environment.
>> Something like this might work:
>>
>>           (string-match-p "\\`\\w+\\'" "hest1")
>
> This was the main reason why I did not want to go that route. This said,
> after understanding this regexp, I see how I can explain how the two
> cases are distinguished in the docstring.

Perhaps it’s safer to use [[:alnum:]] or even [a-zA-Z0-9].  \w follows the
syntax table which might go weird, though I’m not sure how.

>> Well, functions would be user written.  In general I’d favor info and
>> src-block, but I don’t think it’s very user-friendly, as it requires quite
>> some knowledge about how ox works.  Also, when using such functions, the
>> user would have to write a lot of boilerplate to get e.g . the label.
>
> Yes. I'll give the template string a try and will report back.

Thanks Alan!

Rasmus

--
Warning: Everything saved will be lost