Re: [O] TOC local for specified heading and its subheadings (in HTML exp

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: [O] TOC local for specified heading and its subheadings (in HTML export)?
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 19:46:46 -0500

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

Hello, Rasmus, all!

> "id:headline" is a special type of links (see org-id.el).  A reference to
> a custom-ids is typically prefixed by "#" in Org, e.g. ’[[#heading]]’ or

Excellent point. I picked id: as a quick and dirty regexp match, but
:headline makes more sense. :headline "#headline" will later permit the
use of :headline "file.org::#headline" if someone is inclined. =)

>> +                                     (and (string= (org-element-property
>> :CUSTOM_ID element) local-id)
>> +                                          element)))))
> Wouldn’t it better to use org-link-search and get the element at
> point?

That would definitely be better. I wasn't sure if I could reuse that
function at that point, but I'll look into it if I find myself
revisiting this hack.

> We’d need support across all backends where it makes sense, so I guess at
> least, latex, beamer, odt, html, ascii, texinfo (if possible).

I might not get to all of those (I'll tell the list if I do), so
consider this open season for anyone who wants to implement it! =) I'll
see if I have some time to explore all those backends over the next
while. I've just shifted back to dual-booting Linux (was formerly just
on Windows), so it'll be a little easier for me to try things out.

Sacha