Re: [O] Moving from org-mode 6.33/7.9.3 to 8.3.2

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Moving from org-mode 6.33/7.9.3 to 8.3.2
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 23:31:19 +0100

Hello,

Steve Moreau <address@hidden> writes:

> - In the past, what I could see with the standard 'M-x fill-region' over
> paragraphs or lists with empty lines between each inner items, was probably
> performed thanks to several calls to org-fill-paragraph.

I don't think so. `fill-region' uses `fill-region-as-paragraph', which
does its own thing. AFACT, it never calls `fill-paragraph-function',
i.e., `org-fill-paragraph'.

> - There are no unit tests, nor past discussions about how different text
>   block contents should be filled with this new function

`org-fill-paragraph' is heavily tested in `test-org/fill-paragraph'.
`org-fill-region' is expected to behave as if `org-fill-paragraph' is
called on every element in the region.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou