Re: [O] elfeed and orgmode integaration?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] elfeed and orgmode integaration?
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 09:22:54 +0100

Hi,

On 2015-12-04 08:06, Xebar Saram <address@hidden> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone uses elfeed and org and how people integrate it into
> orgmode.
>
> It would be great if anyone can share code dealing with capturing from elfeed
> into org, linking and any other uses people are coming up with

I use elfeed, and I have minimal integration: a way to store the linked
page.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun as/elfeed-entry-as-html-link ()
  "Store an http link to an elfeed entry."
  (when (equal major-mode 'elfeed-show-mode)
    (let ((description (elfeed-entry-title elfeed-show-entry))
          (link (elfeed-entry-link elfeed-show-entry)))
      (org-store-link-props
       :type "http"
       :link link
       :description description))))

(add-hook 'org-store-link-functions 'as/elfeed-entry-as-html-link)
#+end_src

Someone has proposed a better linking mechanism here
https://github.com/skeeto/elfeed/issues/34#issuecomment-158824561 where
you can link to an elfeed search or entry.

Best,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated November 29, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.): 400.37 ppm