Re: [O] Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Citation processing via Zotero + zotxt
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 20:23:24 -0500

> Yes. And CSL and biblatex are far more complex and robust than bibtex.
> :) I use biblatex (biblatex-chicago), which finally gives those of us in
> the humanities robust automation of complex footnote styles. One of my
> dreams for citation processing in org mode is to be able to achieve in
> org the same level of automation, thus allowing non-LaTeX backends. IMO,
> the best hope of accomplishing this is to plug into the existing power
> of CSL, which has emerged as the new standard for automated citations.
>
> (A note: the other way to accomplish this right now it to export a file
> to org or markdown --- evaluating code blocks, etc. and converting
> citations to address@hidden --- and then running the output through
> pandoc, which uses CSL.)

On this note, it is also possible to have org-ref either insert pandoc
syntax, or replace the org-ref links with pandoc syntax as a pre-filter.
Alternatively, when you export markdown documents with org-ref
citations, they export as pandoc syntax right now.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F