Re: [O] org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c in comments

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c in comments
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 14:28:47 -0500

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>    > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>    > Indeed - org-at-table-p gives nil if the table is inside
>    > a comment or inside a source block (or inside any other block
>    > afaict).
>
> Well, how could this behavior be changed? I found it quite cumbersome.

Well, I'm not an expert on org syntax but reading the comments of
org-element.el, I see I was wrong about the other blocks: "greater
elements" can contain other elements (e.g. tables). The list of
"greater elements" given there is

,----
| ;; Element containing other elements (and only elements) are called
| ;; greater elements.  Concerned types are: `center-block', `drawer',
| ;; `dynamic-block', `footnote-definition', `headline', `inlinetask',
| ;; `item', `plain-list', `property-drawer', `quote-block', `section'
| ;; and `special-block'.
`----

So center-blocks, quote-blocks and special blocks allow the table to
be recognized as a table, whereas comment-blocks, src-blocks and
verse-blocks do not.

Nicolas et al. will surely correct any (more) mistakes in this.

--
Nick