Re: [O] org-ellipsis problem

From: Dan Griswold
Subject: Re: [O] org-ellipsis problem
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 08:13:28 -0500

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday, 30 Nov 2015 at 15:10, Dan Griswold wrote:
> Setting org-ellipsis (either via setq or customize) has no effect for me.

Maybe show us how you actually do it?  What version of org?  What is
your intended result (just in case)?

I have

  (setq org-ellipsis " ▸")

in my customisation and it works just fine.

Thanks, Eric. It helped to know that it works for someone.

Knowing that, I went into my .emacs file and did some testing.

It turns out that there is some conflict with pp-c-l. These lines:

   (use-package pp-c-l)
   (pretty-control-l-mode 1)

would mess up org-mode's use of org-ellipsis. I don't know why. But commenting out those two lines solves the problem for me.

Regards,

Dan