Re: [O] export subtree

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] export subtree
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:53:44 -0600

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Skip Collins <address@hidden> wrote:
> Herbert Sitz <address@hidden> wrote:
>> * Main tree     :myexporttree:
>> fkjaldfk
>> ** subhead
>> * anoher heading 1
>> * another heading level 1
>> ** subhead
>
> I did try using the default SELECT_TAG :export: on my main document
> subtree. The problem is that the subtree is not "promoted" to the main
> level. In your example, the title would not become "Main tree" as it
> would if I selected subtree export in the dispatcher.

Ah. Agreed on the behavior. I missed your specific request and agree
this doesn't work.

Thinking about it more, using select_tags as a potential solution to
your export of a subtree without navigating to it, problems could
arise if more than one were tagged. If multiple same-level headlines
were tagged with the select_tag, which one should Org use as the
"master" for the document title/level structure?

It sounds like the C-u option did work for you, correct? If so, glad
you found a solution!

John