Re: [O] Bug: LaTeX in HTML export [8.3.2 (release_8.3.2-380-g64aee4 @ /h

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: LaTeX in HTML export [8.3.2 (release_8.3.2-380-g64aee4 @ /home/dominik/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 18:42:50 +0100

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for investigating this further.

Dominik Schrempf <address@hidden> writes:

> thanks for your answer.  I asked the people from MathJax and the problem
> is HTML related. =<i= is interpreted as an HTML tag by the browser.
>
> This behavior is well known and explained in the MathJax
> Documentation.
>
> http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/tex.html#tex-and-latex-in-html-documents

Thanks for the link.

> Maybe Org mode HTML export should take this into account, especially
> because =<i= is used quite often?  I understand if this is not feasible.

So you are advocating that Org tries to work around limitations in
html/MathJax?  Is this the *only* known case of mathjax not fully
supporting LaTeX?

It seems easy to fix in org-html-format-latex, but I’m not sure it’s the
right way to go (touching people’s math seems like a bad idea).  Does
e.g. KaTeX have this limitation as well?  Presumably, ’yes’.

Another option is simply documenting this behavior.

I’m not sure what is the right approach is here.

Rasmus

--
ツ