Re: [O] org-log-into-drawer should behave similarly to org-clock-into-dr

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-log-into-drawer should behave similarly to org-clock-into-drawer
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 21:54:49 +0100

Nikolay Kudryavtsev <address@hidden> writes:

> So assuming somebody just discovers this variable(like me), decides
> that drawers is what he wants, now he has to move all those old
> entries manually. That's not too much work, but we already have
> a better behavior example in org-clock-into-drawer.

If default value for `org-log-into-drawer' is non-nil, state change
notes are invisible by default, which can be very confusing for
newcomers yet having to discover drawers.

This is the historical reason for SCHEDULED and DEADLINE not being
properties in the properties drawer, AFAIR.

> It's still a rather minor issue, by all means...

I agree. I understand the consistency issue, but in this particular
case, I'd rather not enforce drawers by default.

Regards,

--
Nicolas