Re: [O] Restoring the org-freemind-to-org-mode function

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: [O] Restoring the org-freemind-to-org-mode function
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 15:46:47 +0530

Mark Edgington <address@hidden> writes:

> I have in the past used the org-freemind-to-org-mode function, which
> is no longer included in org-mode.  It used to be part of
> org-freemind.el file (see
> http://orgmode.org/w/org-mode.git?p=org-mode.git;a=blob_plain;f=lisp/org-freemind.el;hb=8f49547aaf0f9396f2a0bcfb25ce2c33be5e91fd
> ).
>
> I have since tried this function, and it does still work, so I am
> wondering if we could add it back into the org-mode source tree.  I am
> attaching a stripped-down version of org-freemind.el in which most of
> the code that is irrelevant to org-freemind-to-org-mode has been
> removed.

I have approached emacs-devel and volunteered to move the file to GNU
ELPA (and maintain the file from there).

Note: I would like to ensure that the file moves out of it's current
obscure place in contrib/lisp of Orgmode to a more visible place like
GNU ELPA before I expend any efforts on improving it.