Re: [O] org files and projects nested git repositories

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: [O] org files and projects nested git repositories
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 14:00:56 -0500

Brenda Butler <address@hidden> writes:

>  I have tried links, but in all my attempts the links break whenever the
>  source or the target is committed to version control. My understanding
>  that each new commit to a file effectively changes the inode, breaking
>  the link
>
> Sounds like you might be using hard links instead of symbolic links ...
> but first, are you using a unix-like system or another system? The symbolic
> link is a unix-like thing.

I'm on Debian, so links are available. I recall having to fix an issue
with Emacs' backup-files taking over the inodes. That was easily fixed
once I knew it was an issue. I don't recall the details, but it seemed
that the links still got garbled on commit. I'll take another look,
now that I know it should work.

Tyler

--
http://plantarum.ca