[O] Org list source block

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: [O] Org list source block
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 14:39:30 +0200

Greetings.

Once again I fail when I try to do something very _simple_ with Org.

I am trying to define a checklist and then use the same list in my
exported document in multiple locations. I don't think macros would work
here, since my org code has multiple lines. So I am trying to use
Babel.

The idea would be the following (please ignore code block header
arguments):

# -----------------------------------------------------------------
* Test list
  #+NAME: my-list
  #+BEGIN_SRC org :exports code :results value org
  - [ ] foo
  - [ ] bar
  #+END_SRC

  #+BEGIN_SRC org :noweb yes
  <<my-list>>
  #+END_SRC
# -----------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried to do this in many different ways, but in my exported file
the checklist always appears as an unformatted code block; that is,
checklist appear as '[ ]', not as nicely formatted LaTeX boxes. I have
tried to vary ':exports' and ':results' to no avail.

What is the correct solution to this?

BTW, if there is a solution to this, I think future generations might
benefit if something about it were mentioned in the manual in section
11.6 "Macro replacement".

Thanks in advance!

Jarmo