Re: [O] Org list source block

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Org list source block
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 09:08:47 -0800

On Sun, 3 Jan 2016, Jarmo Hurri wrote:

Greetings.

Once again I fail when I try to do something very _simple_ with Org.

I am trying to define a checklist and then use the same list in my
exported document in multiple locations. I don't think macros would work
here, since my org code has multiple lines. So I am trying to use
Babel.

The idea would be the following (please ignore code block header
arguments):

# -----------------------------------------------------------------
* Test list
 #+NAME: my-list
 #+BEGIN_SRC org :exports code :results value org
 - [ ] foo
 - [ ] bar
 #+END_SRC

 #+BEGIN_SRC org :noweb yes
 <<my-list>>
 #+END_SRC
# -----------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried to do this in many different ways, but in my exported file
the checklist always appears as an unformatted code block; that is,
checklist appear as '[ ]', not as nicely formatted LaTeX boxes. I have
tried to vary ':exports' and ':results' to no avail.

What is the correct solution to this?

Is this what you want?

\section{Test list}
\label{sec:orgheadline1}
\begin{org}
\begin{itemize}
\item $\square$ foo
\item $\square$ bar
\end{itemize}
\end{org}

If so, you can get it with

* Test list
#+NAME: my-list
#+BEGIN_SRC org :exports none :results value org
    - [ ] foo
    - [ ] bar
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC org :noweb yes :results replace :wrap org :exports results
  <<my-list>>
#+END_SRC

Assuming that (require 'ob-org) has been taken care of!

HTH,

Chuck