[O] Todo logging

From: Shreyas Pai
Subject: [O] Todo logging
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 16:07:30 +0530

Hello,

I've been trying out org mode for a while to log my daily activities. I use a repeated todo and logrepeat to quickly log the completion of various activities.

The problem I have is that the log that appears contains the date when the entry was changed and I want some record of the deadline which the is logging. Which will look something like:

* TODO Do this!
  DEADLINE: <2016-01-06 Wed +1d>
  - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2016-01-05 Tue 15:31]
  - State "CANCELED"   from "TODO"       [2016-01-04 Mon 15:31] \\
    Closed on Monday...

This is because I don't update my entries regularly, and then updating them later becomes a pain as I have to keep changing the dates.

Can someone point me towards a possible solution?

Thanks,
Shreyas