Re: [O] Use of deprecated org-log-note-marker variable in outshine

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Use of deprecated org-log-note-marker variable in outshine
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 17:38:17 +0100

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Kaushal,

> Recently the global variable org-log-note-marker was removed from
> org.el.
>
> But it is used in outshine.el as follows:
>
> (defadvice org-store-log-note (around org-store-log-note-around
> activate)
> "Outcomment inserted log-note in Outshine buffers."
> (let ((outshine-log-note-beg-marker
> ;; stay before inserted text
> (copy-marker org-log-note-marker nil))
> (outshine-log-note-end-marker
> ;; stay after inserted text
> (copy-marker org-log-note-marker t)))
> ad-do-it
> (unless (derived-mode-p 'org-mode 'org-agenda-mode)
> (comment-region outshine-log-note-beg-marker
> outshine-log-note-end-marker))
> (move-marker outshine-log-note-beg-marker nil)
> (move-marker outshine-log-note-end-marker nil)))
>
> So right now, I am getting this warning at emacs startup:
>
> ~/.emacs.d/elpa_25_0/outshine-20151203.802/outshine.elc:Warning:
> reference to
> free variable ‘org-log-note-marker’
>
> @ Thorsten, Nicolas: What would be the best way to fix that?

Was it just removed, or rather renamed or replaced by something else?
Maybe the fix would be trivial if somebody with insights about the
change could give some hints?

PS
Recently I managed to use Emacs/Org-mode more frequently again and even
follow the mailing list somehow, so I hope I can the change maintainance
state of the outshine libraries from 'unmaintained' to 'kind of
maintained' again.

--
cheers,
Thorsten