Re: [O] Use of deprecated org-log-note-marker variable in outshine

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Use of deprecated org-log-note-marker variable in outshine
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 14:21:41 +0100

Hello,

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

>> Was it just removed, or rather renamed or replaced by something else?
>> Maybe the fix would be trivial if somebody with insights about the
>> change could give some hints?
>
> I have never needed to use this function, so I cannot comment on it. So
> asking Nicolas for help regarding this.

Actually, it was a mistake to remove the variable in the first place. As
a consequence, I re-introduced it in master.

However, it doesn't store the same location as before, i.e., it merely
points to the entry where the note is going to be added instead of the
accurate location for the note.

As a first approximation, I think

  (with-current-buffer (marker-buffer org-log-note-marker)
    (goto-char (org-log-note-marker))
    (copy-marker (org-log-beginning)))

is close to what `org-log-note-marker' used to be.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou