[O] Keep buffer visible w/ capture template

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: [O] Keep buffer visible w/ capture template
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 12:50:23 -0500

I'd like to keep the active buffer visible while capturing. Currently, when I
invoke a capture template, the text I was viewing disappears. The frame splits
into two parts: The capture template, and a calendar. Is there a way to have it
split into three? Or have the capture buffer open in a new frame?

This has been solved in the past, in 2013 here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15253005/ and in 2014 here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21195327/ but those solutions don't work
now with Org 8.3. I've tried editing some code in org-capture.el but without
success.

Thanks,

  -k.