Re: [O] individual alerts

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] individual alerts
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 07:36:24 +0000

On Tuesday, 12 Jan 2016 at 14:49, cschr wrote:

[...]

> I found out already how to export SCHEDULED and DEADLINE timestamps from
> orgmode to iCalendar VEVENTs, but the VALARM TRIGGERs produced always have
> the same value (VALARM TRIGGER is always “P0DT0H0M0S”). How can I define an
> individual alert for each appointment in ORGMODE, and have the alert values
> exported as icalendar VALARM TRIGGERs?
>
> The :APPT_WARNTIME: property in orgmode seems to do nothing, nor does it
> seem to help if I add a “WARNTIME …” text to the orgmode item – this seems
> to work for emacs diary entries only.

I cannot help you with the desire to have different alerts for each
appointment but I can point you to org-icalendar-alarm-time for the
actual warning time which applies to all items exported.  The default is
indeed no warning but I have

  (setq org-icalendar-alarm-time 10)

to give me 10 minutes' warning.

In any case, I also wanted to note that appointments should not have
scheduled and/or deadline information, just active time stamps.  TODO
items, on the other hand, could/should have scheduling information.  In
other words, an appointment can be as simple as:

  * Meet with Joe and Martha
    <2016-01-15 Fri 11:00-12:00>

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.5.1, Org release_8.3.3-449-gd85ff3