Re: [O] Bug: org-resolve-clocks should not iterate over non-agenda org f

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-resolve-clocks should not iterate over non-agenda org files [8.3.3 (8.3.3-elpaplus @ /home/dfeich/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160108/)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 14:14:46 +0100

Hello,

Derek Feichtinger <address@hidden> writes:

> org-resolve-clock loops over all open org buffers for detecting open
> clocks (using function org-files-list). Is this really intended? I think
> it should just loop over the org-agenda-files.
>
> I was working on an extension for clocking and was recording my testing
> results
> into a separate org file. I also had put there examples of
> various clock lines to test regexps against. The example clock lines
> effectively prevented me from clocking in to a task from my normal
> agenda files.
>
> Since org has so many usages, I think it should not be assumed that each
> org buffer is related to the agenda functionality.

Clocking is not just an agenda functionality. Since every Org document
can contain clocks, it makes sense to use `org-files-list' instead of
`org-agenda-files'.

You could test your extension in a dedicated Emacs process, with
`org-agenda-files' being nil and Org documents opened piece-wise.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou