Re: [O] Bug: [bisected] note from clocking out is above :LOGBOOK: drawer

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: [bisected] note from clocking out is above :LOGBOOK: drawer [8.3.3 (release_8.3.3-469-g2e7716 @ /home/grfz/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 02:38:51 +0100

Hi Nicolas,
* Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> [20. Jan. 2016]:
> Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:
>> It would be great when notes taken when clocking out would come
>> next to their respective clock lines.
>
> This is already possible: just make sure notes and clocks are stored at
> the same location (e.g., set `org-log-into-drawer' to t in your ECM).

Actually this keeps all notes in the :LOGBOOK: drawer but notes
taken while clocking out appear above instead of below the clock
line.  I would have to shuffle all existing clock-out-notes above
their respective clock line in order to have consistent
documents.  This is doable.

This way notes taken while clocked in are mixed with the ones
taken when clocking out and are even nearer to the clock line.  But...

> However, by default, they aren't.
>
> I see no reason to force notes taken upon clocking out to be always
> located next to the clock line, as long as you can get that behaviour
> somehow. Thus, I think the documentation could be improved as it sort of
> implies clock notes are always next to the closed clock.
>
> IIUC, you are suggesting to implement two types of notes, but that never
> was the case in Org, AFAICT. You could, however, use a hook (e.g.,
> `org-clock-out-hook') in order to put data relative to clocks in
> a specific drawer and keep general notes in LOGBOOK at the same time.

... I guess this hook will be run before actually clocking out?
Thus I would change the notes drawer to the clock line drawer,
clock out and set it back again?

Thanks for your help, Gregor
--