Re: [O] set modes for org-edit-special (elisp block)

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] set modes for org-edit-special (elisp block)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 12:32:15 -0500

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I’m having the same problem with python: I’m still in emacs-lisp mode.
> I checked the value of the variable and it is as expected. For some
> reason the change is not picked up. Is it because there are several
> occurrences of "elisp" in the list and it’s not the first one that is
> picked up?

No, I don't think repeated keys are an issue as long as the one you want
occurs first.  (org-src--get-lang-mode uses assoc.)  It really should
just boil down to

   (cdr (assoc "elisp" org-src-lang-modes))

Perhaps you step through org-src--get-lang-mode (which is called by
org-edit-src-code) to see what's going on.

--
Kyle