Re: [O] MobileOrg does not sync with local Android calendar

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] MobileOrg does not sync with local Android calendar
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 17:35:52 +0100

* Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 01-02-2016, at 14:20, Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> The calendar name is set to "org-calendar" (I think that is the
>>> default, since I do not recall ever having changed/set it).
>>
>> Mine is "Org". But in my calendar app, there is no "Org" calendar,
>> just three others.
>
> No idea why that happens.
>
>> Whenever I choose an existing calendar within MobileOrg preferences,
>> it stays at the non-existing "Org" calendar. I guess this is the
>> reason why there is no data sync to my calendar.
>
> No idea what is happening there.

Okay. A little bit confused now:

When I checked MobileOrg a couple of minutes ago, I did see some
(not all!) Org-mode events for the first time. Only scheduled
things, no events with time-slots. I did not check any further.

I recognized, that MobileOrg settings is showing me the previously
selected existing calendar.

In calendar, I noticed that sync was activated. Grrrrr. I hate it,
when something silently leaks my private data to the public cloud!

After I disabled the sync-checkboxes for my three calendars, the
Org-mode events were gone again.

Quite disappointing, the whole story.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github