Re: [O] MobileOrg does not sync with local Android calendar

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: Re: [O] MobileOrg does not sync with local Android calendar
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 12:31:33 -0800

On Feb 1, 2016 5:21 AM, "Karl Voit" <address@hidden> wrote:

> btw, MobileOrg Android v0.9.13
>
> * Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 01-02-2016, at 12:11, Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

> >> Maybe it has something to do with my disabled sync settings: I don't
> >> sync to the Google cloud.
> >
> > Aha, I think this is probably needed. I think I only get entries updated if
> > I enable syncing of the calendar (but you can decide what you sync with
> > google --- no need to sync everything, from email to contacts to ....).
>
> OK, then MobileOrg -> Calendar feature is of no use to me since I
> avoid the Google cloud.

<snip>

> OK, at least I got a confirmation that MobileOrg needs this cloud
> sync stuff. How unfortunate.

I use an app (from the Play Store) called Offline Calendar. It makes Google calendars that do not sync. I have mobile org write to a calendar it creates and never sync calendars on my phone or tablet. It works on my nexus 7 and my Moto G. It also worked on the Nexus 4 and an ancient 2.x Android Samsung phone.

Best,

Brian vdB