Re: [O] Refile is not using IDO

From: Vitalie Spinu
Subject: Re: [O] Refile is not using IDO
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 18:55:46 +0100

> The idea behind this patch is that IDO completion should be handled by
> IDO, not Org. IOW, Org uses `completing-read' and IDO does its magic,
> e.g., by setting `completing-read-function'.

That makes sense, but why is org-completion-use-ido and all the references
pointing to it is still there?

>> How do I activate ido with refile now?

> I cannot tell, I don't use IDO.

What do yo use if not a secret? Helm?

> In the worst case, you can always replace `completing-read-function' with
> `ido-completing-read'.

It's already there - completing-read-ido-ubiquitous.

After another look, it's not a problem with org-refile-get-location. The
following works:

      (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create " *dummy.org")
                (setq default-directory org-directory)
                (org-refile-get-location "Clock"))

Something is resetting in refile. I will investigate.

Thanks,

  Vitalie