Re: [O] Subtree export problems

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Subtree export problems
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 13:39:40 -1000

Aloha Aaron,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> PS Tom, the approach you are using to this looks rather convoluted.
> Instead of a src block + keyword thing, why not just use #+latex (or
> #+latex_header) to insert the code you need?

Agreed.  I'm trying to write to a general audience.  The convoluted
approach works well for bits of text that get typeset in the front
matter of a book, for instance.  I can direct the user to change a
keyword in plain view at the top of the buffer, rather than ask them to
change an argument to a function, or rummage through some LaTeX code to
find where a change should be made.

MARGIN-NOTE-FONT isn't a particularly good example of this because the
user is expected to know some LaTeX.  If I find time, I'll browse my
library to see if I can classify margin notes.  If so, then
MARGIN-NOTE-FONT can be set to a class name rather than LaTeX code.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye