Re: [O] org-ref no bibliography generated in pdf

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref no bibliography generated in pdf
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 21:57:34 -0500

Andreas Kiermeier <address@hidden> writes:

> On 7 February 2016 at 04:38, John Kitchin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     that is why you don't get bibtex run then ;) try this
>     (setq org-latex-pdf-process
>            '("pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode
> -output-directory %o %b"
>              "bibtex %b"
>              "pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode
> -output-directory %o %b"
>              "pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode
> -output-directory %o %b"))
>
> ​Hi John & list,
>
> is there any reason why we should be hardcoding multiple runs of pdflatex​
>
> ​(& bibtex) instead of using texify?
>
> I have my org-latex-to-pdf set to
> "texify -p -b --tex-option=-shell-escape %f"​
> ​ (I'm on Windows 10, running MikTex 2.9), which hasn't given my any problems
> to date and
> seem to be a little more efficient​.

They are not hardcoded: that's just the default value of
org-latex-pdf-process which can be customized.

The three pdflatex runs are a "safe" default which avoids
incompatibilities between systems.

The customization options for org-latex-pdf-process list some other
possibilities which one might choose in preference to the default. If
texify can do the job (even if it does not exist on all systems of
interest), I would suggest adding it to the customizations menu of the
variable, so it can be chosen by a user as his/her personal default.

--
Nick