Re: [O] Scanning for duplicate IDs of whole buffer when exporting a sub-

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Scanning for duplicate IDs of whole buffer when exporting a sub-heading
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 16:13:15 +0100

* Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Nicolas!

> Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Does your large file contain some [[id:...]] link?
>>
>> Yes.
>> I am on maint, 75ee067410abf0ebab77b1b05d7dcfe2ddf53f4d.

I should think of automatically adding my current emacs + Org-mode
version in my email/posting footer :-)

> As Samuel pointed out, this was fixed in master some time ago.

I see.

What is the policy of merging changes from master to maint? Does
this happen only for major issues? Only before releases?

Thanks for clarification!

> Meanwhile you could, as a hack, remove all [[id:...]] links from your
> document with a function in `org-export-before-processing-hook'.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. Does this mean that id-links are
replaced by something new or do you assume that the id-links in my
document are not important (because it ought to be only a small
file for a presentation)?

If it's the latter: my Org-mode file is quite large and contains
hundreds of id-links I want to keep. The sub-heading of the
presentation I want to export is only a tiny fraction of the file.

My whole digital life is managed in a dozen Org-mode files with a
quarter million lines and approximately ninety percent is within
five files. Therefore I love narrowing down to sub-headings for
editing and exporting.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github