Re: [O] Archiving?

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Archiving?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:53:15 -0500

Johann Spies <address@hidden> writes:

> That was the correct guess.  After removing .emacs.d/elpa the archiving
> worked.  I then reinstalled a few elpa/melpa packages  - most of them ox-*
> in order to enable some spesific exports.
>
> Now the archive is broken again.
>
> What do you mean by "before the builtin version of Org is loaded"? Isn't it
> loaded when I start emacs?

The Org that comes with your Emacs is probably version 8.2.10.  Unless
you do something [1] to load Org, it will not be loaded at startup:

    emacs -Q
    (featurep 'org) => nil

Again, I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like you're not installing
Org from ELPA, but then you're installing some ox packages from ELPA
that depend on a newer Org and will pull it in.  If the version of Org
that comes with Emacs is already loaded when that happens, you can run
into issues with a mixed installation.

    http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#mixed-install

[1] For example, call an autoloaded Org command, visit an Org file, or
    explicitly load Org in your configuration.

--
Kyle