[O] Highlighting in Calendar using mark-diary-entries

From: Joa Ljungvall
Subject: [O] Highlighting in Calendar using mark-diary-entries
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 12:14:10 +0100

Dear all,

I'm using emacs-org, among other things, to keep track of todos, meetings etc.
For some time I've been trying to "perfect" a yearly calendar that I have on my
desktop (see included screenshot). Every date either in my work.org or
private.org file is marked using diary-mark-entries. However,as you can see,
almost all days are marked making it somewhat useless. What I would like to do
is to be able to change the face of a date based on wether it is in work.org or
private.org. For example, change color if found in one and make if bold if
found
in the other. So if the date is in both files it will be bold with a different
color.

I have not found any way to tell diary-mark-entries to do this and I have no
idea how the machinery works that exports my org entries to diary-mark-entries.
The yearly calendar is made using a modified version of what I found here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9547912/emacs-calendar-show-more-than-3-months

Does anyone have an idea? I'm willing to code a bit of elisp if needed but have
no idea where to start. And quite often there is a solution but I've not yet
found it...

best regards

Joa