Re: [O] Is it possible to keep /all/ the heading properties in one place

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Is it possible to keep /all/ the heading properties in one place?
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:05:53 +0100

Hello,

Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> writes:

> I worked on a project to port the Org manual to Org about three years
> ago.  At the time, I thought the Texinfo exporter supported the project
> quite well.
>
> The project had a mixed reception and ultimately wasn't adopted, but I
> don't remember Texinfo exporter deficiencies figuring into the
> decision.

AFAIR, the problem is that Emacs developers fix spelling issues right
into the ".texi" document, so we would need to backport each of their
changes into the Org source. Duplicated efforts.

However, I still think it would be nice to have the document somewhere
in the Org tree, perhaps in contrib/ as a start, then possibly one day
in doc/.

As a side note, another interesting project would be an "info" export
back-end. Currently, producing an info file is very slow because we go
through the "texinfo" format first.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou