[O] Org is exporting to tex an asterisk between "section" and "{"

From: Eduardo Mercovich
Subject: [O] Org is exporting to tex an asterisk between "section" and "{"
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 16:15:31 -0300

Hello evoryone.

Troubleshooting a lack of ToC content in a exported PDF from org, I
found this issue.

Please forgive me if it's inaccurate. But I tried searching the web,
some org and latex lists and my local .emacs configuration and didn't
found anything related, so it must be a local issue or it would have
been reported before.

Starting with a simple org file like this:

* Section A, level 1
** Section AA, level 2
Some AA text.
** Section AB, level 2
Some AB text.
* Section B, level 1
** Section BA, level 2
Some BA text.
** Section BB, level 2
Some BB text.

and exporting to latex as latex file (C-c C-e l l), gives me:

\begin{document}

\maketitle
\tableofcontents

\section*{Section A, level 1}
\label{sec:orgheadline3}
\subsection*{Section AA, level 2}
\label{sec:orgheadline1}
Some AA text.
\subsection*{Section AB, level 2}
\label{sec:orgheadline2}
Some AB text.
\section*{Section B, level 1}
\label{sec:orgheadline6}
\subsection*{Section BA, level 2}
\label{sec:orgheadline4}
Some BA text.
\subsection*{Section BB, level 2}
\label{sec:orgheadline5}
Some BB text.
\end{document}

Please note the asterisks between section and it's next {.

In short, Org exports this:
\section*{

instead of this:
\section{

Of course, it breaks the syntax (as I understood it, I'm new to latex)
and messes up the latex to pdf transformation, at least with the 2
classes I tried (standard article and tufte-handout).

I'm running
+ GNU Emacs 24.5.1 compiled on 2015-11-09
+ Org-mode version 8.3.1 (8.3.1-95-g1dbb25-elpaplus @
~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20150831/)

I have nothing in my .emacs that sounds related to latex or latex export
except the tufte-latex classes declarations.

The packages I have enabled are:
+ org-bullets-20140918.1137
+ helm-mu-20151019.944
+ helm-core-20150831.933
+ helm-20151117.2303
+ org-caldav-20150131.152
+ google-maps-20130412.230
+ calfw-20150831.1847
+ calfw-gcal-20120111.200
+ async-20150818.1154
+ table-20140721.2215
+ pdf-tools-20150716.643
+ let-alist-1.0.4
+ mu4e

Does anyone suffered something similar? Is there more information I can
provide to troubleshoot the root of this export issue?

In every case, thank you very much. :)

Best...

--
eduardo mercovich