Re: [O] Example of Make file for Org Mode LaTeX to pdf

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Example of Make file for Org Mode LaTeX to pdf
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 17:10:50 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Monday,  7 Mar 2016 at 09:55, Loris Bennett wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Would you be able to share what you load in custom.el and esf-org.el, or
>> a least explain what needs to be done?
>
> My custom.el is the emacs customisations (for variables and faces that
> usually ends up in your .emacs) and esf-org.el is my full org
> initialisation which is rather large and convoluted.  There is nothing
> in either of those that should help solve the problem you are
> having... but, then again, I'm not sure why you are having the problem
> you encounter!
>
> Do you get the same backtrace with -Q as in the previous post?

Apart from the Debian gubbins, yes.  However, I seem to have solved the
problem.

With the following ~/.emacs_minimal

  (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))

I get:

  $ emacs /home/loris/org/gtd.org -Q -batch --load ~/.emacs_minmal -eval
'(org-icalendar-export-to-ics))' --kill
  Symbol's value as variable is void: org-agenda-default-appointment-duration

However, with ~/.emacs_minimal as

  (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
  (org-agenda-to-appt)

I get

  $ emacs /home/loris/org/gtd.org -Q -batch --load ~/.emacs_minmal -eval
'(org-icalendar-export-to-ics))' --kill
  No event to add
  Saving file /home/loris/org/gtd.ics...
  Wrote /home/loris/org/gtd.ics

So I was just being too minimalist.  org-agenda-to-appt seems to be some
cruft I copied from here:

  http://sachachua.com/blog/2007/11/setting-up-appointment-reminders-in-org/

I'll go and look what it does whether I still need it.

Cheers,

Loris