Re: [O] org-export-babel-evaluate and header arguments

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-babel-evaluate and header arguments
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 19:25:34 -0800

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016, Anthony Cowley wrote:

If I have org-export-babel-evaluate set to nil, source blocks are not evaluated on export. However, if a source block has a :var header argument that calls another source block, I am prompted if the callee should be evaluated.

Given that the caller is not to be evaluated, I'm not sure I see a reason for the :var to be evaluated.

What gives here is that `org-babel-get-src-block-info' needs to develop all the header arguments regardless of evaluation of the code block, so :var gets handled.

Is there a way I can disable this argument evaluation?

Something like:

        :var a=(and org-export-babel-evaluate (org-sbe "abc"))

See C-h f org-sbe RET

HTH,

Chuck