Re: [O] C-c ! org-time-stamp-inactive ?

From: K
Subject: Re: [O] C-c ! org-time-stamp-inactive ?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 15:43:44 +0000 (UTC)

Nicolas Goaziou <mail <at> nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> K <k <at> limist.com> writes:
>
> > Kyle Meyer <kyle <at> kyleam.com> writes:

> >> The default binding hasn't been changed in Org.
> >>

> > I've run into the same problem, with both Org 8.3.4 and MELPA version
> > 20160307, the usual C-c ! doesn't work anymore for inserting inactive
> > timestamp.  If there's been no change to the default binding, any
> > suggestions on how to debug this please?  Thanks!
>
> What's the output of C-h c C-c ! in an Org buffer?
>
> Could you try with a minimal init file, just loading Org 8.3.4?
>
> Regards,

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the suggestion.  When I type C-h c C-c ! what I see is that it
expects another character to be typed, it doesn't recognize C-c ! as
complete/anything by itself.  If I hit ENTER at that point, it shows, "C-c !
RET (translated from C-c ! <return>) is undefined"

I tried starting Emacs with the -Q option, and of course C-c ! works as usual.

I tried adding this line at the end of my personal customizations file:
(define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-c !") 'org-time-stamp-inactive)
...but it has no effect.

What did work: C-h m and then search for !, showed that Flycheck mode uses
that as its command prefix.  Problem mostly solved, :-)