Re: [O] Bug: org-datetree.el references undefined function org-find-prop

From: Damien Pollet
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-datetree.el references undefined function org-find-property [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /Users/damien/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160314/)]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 22:39:23 +0100

On 16 Mar 2016, at 22:26, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Package: Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @
>> /Users/damien/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160314/)
>
> The above looks supicious. "org-plus-contrib-20160314" should provide
> Org 8.3.4 instead of 8.2.10, which is the one provided in Emacs.
>
> Could you double-check your installation?

Yes, I rebooted emacs; org-version reports 8.3.4 now.

In fact the problem went away after the reboot and it usually happens after I
update packages, so it probably was the previous release reporting about the
freshly updated but not completely reloaded packages.

I discussed that with our local Emacs guru and he wasn't surprised there would
be problems with hot-updating code.

--
Damien Pollet