Re: [O] scheme SRC blocks

From: Robert Klein
Subject: Re: [O] scheme SRC blocks
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 08:22:16 +0100

Hi,
Arun Isaac <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have an org file with scheme SRC blocks like so.
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC scheme
>   (some-code-here)
> #+END_SRC
>
> Every time, I open the org file, I get prompted for the "Scheme
> implementation" and I need to choose an implementation (guile, in my
> case) before continuing. Similarly, I am also prompted for the same
> when publishing the org file, or opening up the SRC block using
> org-edit-special (C-c ') for editing. This happens because of the
> behaviour of the command "scheme-mode" which prompts for the required
> scheme implementation.
>
> Manually choosing the scheme implementation every time is tedious and
> annoying. Is there some way to circumvent this issue?

In addition to requiring 'geiser-install you have to set the
geiser-active-implementations variable, e.g.:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (require 'geiser-install)
  (setq geiser-active-implementations '(guile))
#+end_src

See also http://www.nongnu.org/geiser/geiser_3.html#choosing_002dimpl
in the Geiser manual.

Best regards